How can I get an attorney?

For certain charges with consequences of magnitude such as (fines of $500 or more, loss of driving privilege, or incarceration) you may be eligible for the Public Defender if you are financially indigent. Judge will make the final decision on granting the Public Defender. If you can afford your own attorney, you can call either the Essex County Bar Association or the New Jersey Bar Association for referral. Court staff cannot recommend an attorney for you.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Court located?
2. What are your Court dates?
3. What are your Violations Bureau hours?
4. How can I contact the Court?
5. How can I pay my ticket?
6. How much is my ticket?
7. How do I plead not guilty?
8. How do I request a new Court date?
9. How can I get an attorney?